qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Possible leak in block/qcow.c

From: Frediano Ziglio
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Possible leak in block/qcow.c
Date: Mon, 18 Jul 2011 09:25:28 +0200

Hi,
  I noted that there are two cluster_data member in block/qcow.c, one
in BDRVQcowState, the other in QCowAIOCB. The last one is used in
qcow_aio_write_cb to hold buffer for encrypt the cluster before write
but I cannot find any related qemu_free while I can find many place
where BDRVQcowState::cluster_data is freed. It seems to me a leak but
I don't understand why nobody reported this problem before (it should
happen at every write so anybody using qcow encrypted should rapidly
see this problem). Perhaps there is a sort of garbage collector I'm
not aware?

Frediano Ziglio