qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] live snapshot wiki updated

From: Anthony Liguori
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] live snapshot wiki updated
Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2011 09:34:12 -0500

On 07/20/2011 08:50 AM, Cleber Rosa wrote:
Just as a reminder: with DAC, if a guest is compromised and somehow
escalates to QEMU, it could disable its isolation (ie, by setting their
own image files world readable). I guess we shouldn't try to fix the DAC
model, but fix what's preventing us from fully using MAC, even though
it's outside of QEMU.

I don't see how a guest making its data world readable is a fundamental problem.

DAC is a fundamental part of the Unix design and is something that administrators understand very well. I completely understand the value of MAC but to argue that we shouldn't present DAC as an option I think is fundamentally wrong.

Regards,

Anthony Liguori

CR.

Regards,