qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] [PULL] non-migratable devices

From: Gerd Hoffmann
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] [PULL] non-migratable devices
Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2011 16:32:05 +0200

  Hi,

vmstate: complain about devices without vmstate

I appreciate the sentiment of this patch but this cannot go into 0.15.

Peter Maydell noted that too, thats why there already is a migration.2 branch with this patch dropped which you can pull instead.

I'm not really sure this is totally appropriate for the development
branch either. I think something like a migration tainted flag that
showed in info migrate would be much more appropriate.

We can discuss that after 0.15 is out of the door. I'm certainly open to suggestions how to handle that in a better way.

cheers,
  Gerd