qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Block layer roadmap

From: Christoph Hellwig
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Block layer roadmap
Date: Thu, 28 Jul 2011 14:08:22 +0200

On Thu, Jul 28, 2011 at 12:05:43PM +0200, Kevin Wolf wrote:
> Another item that just came up on IRC again: Allow guests to toggle WCE,
> so that we finally can get rid of the cache=writethrough default. We
> should definitely get this done before 1.0.

Guest toggling is nice and cool, but the real feature is to allow it on
the command line.  As mentioned about 10 times before guests generally don't
fiddle with it without the administrator triggering it manually.  So
specifying it in the qemu config is the much better interface for 95% of
the use cases.