qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] support for Freescale MPC8xx (850/860) processors/platforms

From: Brendan Simon (eTRIX)
Subject: [Qemu-devel] support for Freescale MPC8xx (850/860) processors/platforms
Date: Fri, 05 Aug 2011 21:31:57 +1000

Hello,

Does QEMU support the Freescale MPC8xx (MPC850) processors or platforms (e.g FADS860) ??

Googling shows some code that suggests that it is not supported.
> cpu_abort(env, "MPC8xx MMU model is not implemented\n");

If not supported, does anyone have any idea how much work there would be to add support for MPC850/860 and to create a platform that has supports DRAM, Flash, the CPM peripherals (SMC/USARTS, SCC/UARTS, SCC/Ethernet, BRG timers, etc) ??

The platform I would like to build has 1 x Ethernet (using SCC2), 1 x UART (on SMC1), 1 x UART (on SCC3), 1 x UART (external UART chip), and an Altera CPLD with digital I/O.

Are there any other similar platforms I could look at, to either port or use as a reference, to build an MPC850 platform as described ??

Thanks,
Brendan.