qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] build failure with coroutine-gthread

From: Stefan Hajnoczi
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] build failure with coroutine-gthread
Date: Mon, 8 Aug 2011 10:29:04 +0100

On Mon, Aug 8, 2011 at 10:01 AM, Aneesh Kumar K.V
<address@hidden> wrote:

>  LINK  qemu-ga
> coroutine-gthread.o: In function `coroutine_init':
> /home/opensource/sources/qemu/qemu-upstream/coroutine-gthread.c:39: undefined
> reference to `g_thread_init'
> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
>
> The below patch fix the failure.  I also added the patch in the VirtFS
> pull request.

It appears coroutine-core v7 was merged instead of v8.  The
differences are minor:
 * Bisectability: introduce gthread implementation before ucontext/fibers
 * Depend on gthread, not just glib, for multithreaded programming

Here is the patchwork link to the gthread dependency patch in case a
committer wants to merge it immediately:
http://patchwork.ozlabs.org/patch/106810/

Stefan