qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] When will the Q35 chipset be merged into Qemu mainstrea

From: François Revol
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] When will the Q35 chipset be merged into Qemu mainstream
Date: Wed, 24 Aug 2011 22:46:33 +0200

Le -10/01/-28163 20:59, Adnan Khaleel a écrit :
PCI express support has been made available for quite sometime now with patches
from Isaku Yamahata for the Q35 chipset for Qemu 0.12 and then for Qemu 0.14.
However, Qemu 0.15 has been released but support for the Q35 chipset is still
not officially included.

At what point will Qemu merge the Q35 chipset code for PCIexpress?

I'm afraid you're chasing the wrong rabbit here if you send patches against releases.
Development happens on the git tree, so patches should be against HEAD.
Sending patches against (old by definition) releases implies someone must do the merge since usually many things have diverged since then.
Specially with the recent move to Glib and other qdevice or whatever API.

So you'll maximize luck by sending patches against HEAD as it removes most merging trouble.

Another way is to fork the git tree, apply your current patch, handle the merge yourself and send pull request instead of the patch.

Still, I recall having to wait 3 year for my wacom tablet fix (which was just a fix) to be applied, so be patient :P

François.