qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Help needed -- vvfat.c

From: Pintu Kumar
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Help needed -- vvfat.c
Date: Thu, 15 Sep 2011 18:19:36 +0530

Hi,

This is regarding qemu block/vvfat.c.

Currently vvfat scans all directories and sub-directories in the
beginning during init_directories().

I want to modify vvfat such that it should scan only the TOP directory
content and not the sub-directory content before mounting.
And after mounting vvfat I should be able to dynamically get the TOP
directory content when I do "ls -l" on that directory.
How can I do that?

I tried skipping sub-directory in read_directory() as follows.
                else if(S_ISDIR(st.st_mode))
                {
                        LOGD("Skipping sub-directory : %s\n", buffer);
                        s->current_mapping=NULL;
                        continue;
                }
After that the sub-directories are visible after mounting and part1 is working.
But after mounting when I do "ls -l" on vvfat mounted path, on any
directory, vvfat_read() is not getting called.

Somebody who knows about vvfat implementation please let me know where
is the problem.

Please help !.

Thanks, Regards,
Pintu Kumar