qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] How to configure a QEmu NIC in bridge mode?

From: Ottavio
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] How to configure a QEmu NIC in bridge mode?
Date: Wed, 28 Sep 2011 16:29:06 +0100

> From: Luiz Antonio Falaguasta Barbosa <address@hidden>
> To:address@hidden
> Date: Wed, 28 Sep 2011 11:48:05 -0300
> Subject: [Qemu-devel] How to configure a QEmu NIC in bridge mode?
> Hi guys,
> I know this is not a list of QEmu users, but how it doesn't exist, I'll ask
> it here. If antbody could help me, I'll be greatful!

An unofficial qemu-users mailing list is here:

You won't find much there yet.

> Please, does anybody know how to configure a QEmu NIC in bridge mode?
> Thank you in advance!

Have you looked at the qemu-doc.html file:
http://qemu.weilnetz.de/qemu-doc.html#sec_005finvocation
and:
http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/QEMU/Networking

-net tap[,vlan=n][,name=name][,fd=h][,ifname=name]
[,script=file][,downscript=dfile]
    Connect the host TAP network interface name to VLAN n, use the
network script file to configure it and the network script dfile to
deconfigure it. If name is not provided, the OS automatically provides
one. fd=h can be used to specify the handle of an already opened host
TAP interface. The default network configure script is /etc/qemu-ifup
and the default network deconfigure script is /etc/qemu-ifdown. Use
script=no or downscript=no to disable script execution. Example:

         qemu linux.img -net nic -net tap

    More complicated example (two NICs, each one connected to a TAP device)

         qemu linux.img -net nic,vlan=0 -net tap,vlan=0,ifname=tap0 \
         -net nic,vlan=1 -net tap,vlan=1,ifname=tap1

--
Ottavio