qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] virtqueue corruption in emulation mode?

From: Sinha, Ani
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] virtqueue corruption in emulation mode?
Date: Wed, 28 Sep 2011 13:44:35 -0500

On Sep 28, 2011, at 9:47 AM, Stefan Hajnoczi wrote:

I need a helper thread to do blocking IO. The device IOCTLS are inherently blocking, unfortunately.

posix-aio-compat.c already implements a threadpool.  It is geared
towards using the QEMU block layer (BlockDriverState) but the pure
ioctl codepath can be used without a BlockDriverState by passing NULL.
So this could save you some effort, check out paio_submit().

;) yeah, I realized that after looking at the code that I could have used that infrastructure. May be in the next release of this driver I will do that or more realistically when I write another driver, I will make use of it. However, I have one reservation about that code. Like you said, it is geared towards the QEMU block driver. I believe the code can be reworked to be more generic so that it can be reused elsewhere as is.

ani

and confidential and protected from disclosure. If the reader
of this message is not the intended recipient, or an employee
or agent responsible for delivering this message to the
intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any reproduction,
dissemination or distribution of this communication is strictly
please notify us immediately by replying to the message and
deleting it from your computer. Thank you. Tellabs