qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] buildbot failure in qemu on default_x86_64_rhel5

From: Stefan Hajnoczi
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] buildbot failure in qemu on default_x86_64_rhel5
Date: Tue, 4 Oct 2011 08:18:07 +0100

On Mon, Oct 03, 2011 at 04:10:50PM +0530, Aneesh Kumar K.V wrote:
> On Mon, 3 Oct 2011 08:37:52 +0100, Stefan Hajnoczi <address@hidden> wrote:
> > On Sat, Oct 01, 2011 at 03:03:23PM +0530, Aneesh Kumar K.V wrote:
> > > +#ifndef CONFIG_UTIMENSAT
> > > +    /*
> > > +     * We support handle fs driver only if all related
> > > +     * syscalls are provided by host.
> > > +     */
> >
> > Perhaps a ./configure check should be added to see whether the handle
> > syscalls are supported instead of using CONFIG_UTIMENSAT.
> >

> We already do check for handle syscall. Since glibc doesn't have the
> this syscall yet, I added the check in virtio-9p-handle.c as below

CONFIG_UTIMENSAT is defined when the host has glibc >= 2.6.

Handle syscalls are available on Linux 2.6.39 but not exposed by glibc.

Therefore CONFIG_UTIMENSAT has nothing to do with handle syscalls and
does not mean handle syscalls are supported.  I would drop that hunk of
the patch or test for the actual handle syscalls in ./configure.

Stefan