qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] s390: Fix cpu shutdown for KVM

From: Christian Borntraeger
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] s390: Fix cpu shutdown for KVM
Date: Tue, 04 Oct 2011 16:16:47 +0200

On 04/10/11 15:56, Peter Maydell wrote:
> On 4 October 2011 14:47, Christian Borntraeger <address@hidden> wrote:
>> +     * We can only deliver interrupts to (interrupt) enabled CPUs.
>> +     * We dont call kvm_s390_add_running_cpu here, since CPUs in enabled
>> wait
>> +     * will wait inside the kernel (no exit). Therefore, the targeted
>> +     * CPUs was neither disabled waiting or stopped for qemu.
>
> Grammar nits, since I'm commenting anyway:
>  "don't"
>  "neither disabled waiting nor stopped"

Ok. Alex can you fix that up or do you want a new patch?

> This makes the ICPT_CPU_STOP and ICPT_WAITPSW cases identical,
> right? You should just fold them together.

Yes, at the moment they are identical.
I am still thinking about some additional changes that will make them separate
again
due to their usage in Linux:
- disabled wait usually indicates a kernel panic
- stop is called during cpu hot unplug and during shutdown for the last cpu

So on disabled wait we might want to perform extra logging etc, but I dont know
yet.
Should I merge them anyway?

Christian