qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Guest freezes "Refined TSC clocksource calibration ..."

From: Mulyadi Santosa
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Guest freezes "Refined TSC clocksource calibration ..."
Date: Wed, 5 Oct 2011 01:41:53 +0700

Hi Onkar :)

On Tue, Oct 4, 2011 at 18:02, Onkar N Mahajan <address@hidden> wrote:
> On 10/02/2011 12:54 PM, Mulyadi Santosa wrote:
>>
>> Hi..... :)
>>
> Hey Mulyadi , you seem to be where I go (or may be other way round) :-) ;
> How
> r u buddy ??

Yeah, it's like we always at the same boat :) But it's great, isn't
it? Meaning we might have same interest :)

>> On Sat, Oct 1, 2011 at 19:16, Onkar N Mahajan<address@hidden>  wrote:
>> Quite simple things you can try first:
>> - what if you use device name like /dev/sda1 instead? does that work?
>>
> I tried this - it's the same !!

OK that's bad. Sure you don't miss things like SCSI/SATA controller
compiled in your kernel?

>> - are you sure you have included the suitable filesystem module for
>> the root partition in the initrd or the main kernel image?
>
> Host is using same vmlinuz and initrd and is workign absolutely ok !!
> looks like some problem with qemu ;-)

After thinking again, could you fallback using non -rc kernel? could
be a bug somewhere....

--
regards,

Mulyadi Santosa