qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] QEMU + ARMMP11Core combination does not work

From: Peter Maydell
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] QEMU + ARMMP11Core combination does not work
Date: Wed, 5 Oct 2011 14:26:46 +0100

On 4 October 2011 06:07, TusharK <address@hidden> wrote:
> I tried executing QEMU (realview-smp ARM11MPCore) with Linux kernel 2.6.39.3,
> but it failed. Kernel itself is not getting decompressed.
> I am executing below command.
>
> qemu-system-arm -M realview-eb-mpcore -cpu arm11mpcore -kernel
> arch/arm/boot/zImage -m 256M -append "root=/dev/sda console=ttyAMA0" -serial
> stdio -hda ../flash/flash.bin
>
> Nothing is shown on terminal and QEMU window.
>
> I am using linux kernel 2.6.39.3 version. I also tried with Linux kernel
> 2.6.35 + kernel_src_patch-2.6.35-arm1_bak version. Both are failing i.e.
> nothing is shown on terminal. Kernel itself does not boot.

11MPCore isn't in the set of models I usually run. However
"just sits there" is often a kernel configuration bug
rather than a QEMU bug.

(1) Does your kernel boot on the real hardware?
(2) If you add "earlyprintk" to your -append string
(and ensure early printk is selected as a config option
when your kernel was built) do you get any kernel output?

-- PMM