qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] [Question] dump memory when host pci device is used by

From: Wen Congyang
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] [Question] dump memory when host pci device is used by guest
Date: Mon, 10 Oct 2011 15:17:16 +0800

At 10/10/2011 03:01 PM, Jan Kiszka Write:
> On 2011-10-10 08:59, Wen Congyang wrote:

>>> I do not want to reject this proposal categorically, but I would like to
>>> see the gdb path fail /wrt essential requirements first. So far I don't
>>> see it would.
>>
>> ‘gdb path fail /wrt essential requirements’
>>
>> what does it mean?
>
> That you explain why reading reading memory and processor states via the
> remote gdb interface and dumping it into a proper core file cannot be
> made working for you.

First, I think crash can not analyze such core file. But it is not very
important.

What is remote gdb interface? Do you mean that: the supporter uses gdb from
another machine
to connect to customer's machine and get the data? If so, this way can not be
used when the customer needs to dump the guest's memory automatically when
watchdog timeouts.

Thanks
Wen Congyang