qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Is realview-pb-a8 fully supported ?

From: Peter Maydell
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Is realview-pb-a8 fully supported ?
Date: Wed, 12 Oct 2011 21:46:41 +0100

On 12 October 2011 20:39, Francis Moreau <address@hidden> wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 12, 2011 at 11:23 AM, Peter Maydell
> <address@hidden> wrote:
>> I think the mainline kernel sources should in theory work
>> (in particular if they work with 512MB then that's a good
>> sign...) but I'm not a kernel expert; mostly I use other peoples'
>> prebuilt ones.
>
> ok, but wouldn't you recommend to use the kernel from Linaro ? ;)

Obviously those work too (and in practice they're the ones
I test most often with). Linaro kernels will certainly have
been tested with Versatile Express, but probably not with the
other older ARM devboards. But if you don't need to be on the
bleeding edge for anything then I don't think it makes much
difference whether you use the Linaro kernel or mainline for
an established platform like the ARM devboards.
(more info on the aims of the linaro kernel tree here:
https://wiki.linaro.org/WorkingGroups/Kernel/KernelTree
)

-- PMM