qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] how to build RootFS for linux kernel(i386)

From: ravikiran borse
Subject: [Qemu-devel] how to build RootFS for linux kernel(i386)
Date: Tue, 18 Oct 2011 10:15:56 +0530

Hi All

I need your help to learn linux kernel using QEMU.
I know that there is linux-0.02 Image on your website to download.
It is working fine on my PC. Can u just post me how to make such image from scratch so that I can use it with GDB.
But I have downloaded my own linux kernel and build it.
But the issue is that it is always giving me an error

Kernel panic - not syncing: VFS: Unable to mount root fs on unknown-block(1,0)

Is anyone of you can help me to learn how to debug and learn linux kernel using QEMU(For i386 Processor).
QEMU is the best software for which I am looking for from last 1 year to learn linux kernel.
Thank Very Muh to all for such good open source software.

Ravikiran D. Borse