qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] hw/nand hw/onenand and read-only

From: Juha.Riihimaki
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] hw/nand hw/onenand and read-only
Date: Tue, 18 Oct 2011 08:44:25 +0000

On 18.10.11 11:23 , "ext Markus Armbruster" <address@hidden> wrote:

>These guys have been converted to qdev relatively recently.
>
>I wonder what happens when they use a drive defined with "-drive
>if=none,readonly".
>
>If that's not a valid configuration, we better reject read-only drives,
>like ide_init_drive() does.

I'm not an expert with QEMU command line options; how do you pass such a
drive to a NAND device? With "if=mtd" I get the following which I guess is
expected result:

$ qemu-system-arm -M beagle -drive if=mtd,file=nand.img,readonly
qemu: readonly flag not supported for drive with this interface

Regards,
Juha