qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Multi heterogenous CPU archs for SoC sim?

From: Andreas
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Multi heterogenous CPU archs for SoC sim?
Date: Fri, 21 Oct 2011 22:36:48 +0200

Am 21.10.2011 09:26, schrieb 陳韋任:
>   COREMU treats QEMU as an entity and lauches multiple QEMUs at the same
> time. QEMUs communicates to each other by using a underlying thin layer
> provided by COREMU.

> I think this approach is much clean than trying to
> parallelize QEMU itself.

In this case I disagree. Given shared global memory and peripherals in
the SoC case, any IPC or shared-memory setup is destined to create
performance or management overhead.

When there's independent nodes connected via CAN/LIN/FlexRay, then I
agree that multiple processes communicating via UNIX sockets make a lot
of sense.

My use case here is testing and debugging, so I think we could live with
the blocks being executed in an interleaved fashion until someone has
the ultimate parallelization solution for upstream.

Regards,
Andreas