qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] [Question] dump memory when host pci device is used by

From: Jan Kiszka
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] [Question] dump memory when host pci device is used by guest
Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2011 11:19:47 +0200

On 2011-10-25 10:56, Paolo Bonzini wrote:
>> Does elf not store cr3?  Perhaps a note with the contents of the
>> privileged cpu registers is needed.
>
> Yes.  It would be nice if this note could be somewhat standardized.
>
> Jan, is there a code sample somewhere for the x86-gdb summer of code
> project?

I'm not aware of a public repos, CC'ing Anthony and Tom.

We definitely need all x86 system registers handled by gdb long-term,
already for live debugging and for segmented guests / proper real mode
support. But if crash depends on those values already today, we should
head for its current format in a first step, then enhance gdb, and
finally check how to integrate that information best with vanilla gdb.

For me it is important that we agree on consolidating over (enhanced)
gdb on the long run, both /wrt features and supported core formats.

Jan