qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] qemu-img vmdk converted from iso not accepted by vSpher

From: Richard Wellum
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] qemu-img vmdk converted from iso not accepted by vSphere
Date: Wed, 26 Oct 2011 07:25:05 -0400

cheers,

||Rich

On Oct 26, 2011, at 3:43 AM, Stefan Hajnoczi wrote:

On Thu, Oct 20, 2011 at 9:35 PM, Rich Wellum <address@hidden> wrote:

On Oct 20, 2011, at 2:17 PM, Stefan Hajnoczi wrote:

On Thu, Oct 20, 2011 at 10:54 AM, Rich Wellum <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi Stefan,
qemu-img
qemu-img version 0.15.50, Copyright (c) 2004-2008 Fabrice Bellard
I haven't got this to work on any version - I was trying this version
because of the expanded list of sub format versions - I thought one of them
might be accepted.

That is a qemu.git/master tree and includes Fam's vmdk enhancements.

You could try the other subformats:

$ qemu-img convert -O vmdk -o subformat=monolithicFlat image.iso image.vmdk

or:

$ qemu-img convert -O vmdk -o subformat=twoGbMaxExtentSparse image.iso
image.vmdk

Tried them both - no luck same issue seen.

Which version of vSphere are you using?

Stefan