qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] virtio-scsi wiki feature page

From: Paolo Bonzini
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] virtio-scsi wiki feature page
Date: Thu, 27 Oct 2011 13:19:47 +0200

On 10/27/2011 12:49 PM, Stefan Hajnoczi wrote:
I have created a virtio-scsi wiki feature page with links to Paolo's
latest draft specification, our KVM Forum presentation, and code
repos:

http://wiki.qemu.org/Features/VirtioSCSI

Paolo: v3 had some comments, is it a good time for a new revision of
the draft specification?

Yes. I was waiting until I actually have an implementation, but anyway here it is, attached. The changes are small:

- additional failure kinds mapping more or less to Linux driver_statuses

- defined the format of the LUN. Unlike vSCSI, there's no support for generic hierarchical LUNs. A single LUN format is specified, that supports 256 targets and 16384 LUNs per target.

- clarified multiqueue semantics

I'm planning to update your LLD code to support these changes, but I'll gladly accept that someone else does it. :)

Paolo