qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] buildbot failure in qemu on xen_x86_64_debian_6_0

From: Daniel Gollub
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] buildbot failure in qemu on xen_x86_64_debian_6_0
Date: Tue, 1 Nov 2011 09:07:57 +0100

Hi Stefan,

On Tuesday, November 01, 2011 08:36:46 AM Stefan Weil wrote:
> As far as I know from previous mails, the buildbots already do a retry
> when git fails. The retry period used today is obviously too short.

i finally took a closer look on this failed git reports. It seems like all the
"git failed" mails are not due to a too short reply period. It is due to the
buildslave version used on "yuzuki" is not recent enough to perform retries at
all.

Other buildslaves which have buildbot version 0.8.2 and greater perform
retries correctly and seem to require only one retry to finally succeed.
"yuzuki" is running buildbot version 0.7.12 and doesn't perform any retry and
cause nearly all "git failed" mails since we introduced git-fetch retries.

Stefan, could you update your buildslave "yuzuki"? In meanwhile I try to setup
mine buildslave also with a new version of buildbot.

Best Regards,
Daniel

--
Daniel Gollub