qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] [1.0 release work] Fix regressions found on recent KVM

From: Lucas Meneghel Rodrigues
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] [1.0 release work] Fix regressions found on recent KVM autotest qemu master 'sanity' jobs
Date: Fri, 04 Nov 2011 15:02:35 -0200

On Fri 04 Nov 2011 02:56:30 PM BRST, Anthony Liguori wrote:
On 11/04/2011 11:40 AM, Lucas Meneghel Rodrigues wrote:
Hi guys,

As we understand that qemu is approaching 1.0, we think it's a good idea to
share the issues we have been seeing on recent qemu.git sanity jobs:

1) Some condition is consistently making a RHEL 6.1 linux guest not able to bring up the network interface, causing login failures for all linux guest tests. This very same guest install works perfectly on qemu-kvm, RHEL 5 and RHEL 6.

Can you file a bug report with specific information about how the guest is being launched? Specifically, what NIC are we talking about? Do other types of guests work?

Ok, I will. Just FYI, it's a virtio nic. As on sanity jobs we only test RHEL 6.1 64 bit and Windows 7 SP1 64 bit, and Windows is blocked due to the other bug mentioned, I still have no idea whether other guests do work.