qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] [spam] QEMU 0.15.1 Linux

From: Jernej Simončič
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] [spam] QEMU 0.15.1 Linux
Date: Fri, 4 Nov 2011 22:15:24 +0100

On Friday, November 4, 2011, 20:56:05, Gus Zernial wrote:

> Is this driver supported in QEMU 0.15.1, and if so how do I get it to work?
> If not,
> is there some alternative with the capability I mention?

The VMWare SVGA driver is reverse-engineered from the Linux/X VMWare
driver, and as such only supports what the X driver does. There's no
3D acceleration, and while at least the VMWare SVGA driver for XP does
load, it has graphical glitches, and is in my experience actually
slower than plain VESA driver.

--
< Jernej Simončič ><><><><>< http://eternallybored.org/ >

Seven eighths of everything can't be seen.
       -- Marshall's Generalized Iceberg Theorem