qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] [RFC] vmstate: Add copyrights for all cpus

From: Peter Maydell
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] [RFC] vmstate: Add copyrights for all cpus
Date: Tue, 8 Nov 2011 15:39:53 +0000

On 7 November 2011 17:46, Paolo Bonzini <address@hidden> wrote:
> On 11/07/2011 06:38 PM, Juan Quintela wrote:
>>
>> + * This work is licensed under the terms of the GNU GPL, version 2.  See
>> + * the COPYING file in the top-level directory.
>
> ... or later please.

Need to be careful here. Marking something previously unmarked as
GPLv2 is pretty clearly OK because the project license is v2 so
the unmarked stuff was contributed either under that or under a
compatible license. Marking as v2+ is on somewhat thinner ice
IMHO and ideally we shouldn't do it without an ack from the
relevant copyright owner.

-- PMM