qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] [unclassified] QEMU 1.0-rc1

From: Jernej Simončič
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] [unclassified] QEMU 1.0-rc1
Date: Tue, 8 Nov 2011 21:32:35 +0100

On Tuesday, November 8, 2011, 21:02:52, Michael Tokarev wrote:

> FWIW, WinXP drivers from the latest .iso there can't be installed
> (it fails during driver install phase, saying "No driver for this
> hardware found at given location"), while previous version works
> just fine, and the driver itself appears to be fine too (one can
> replace previously installed driver binary while windows isn't
> watching and it continues to work).  I added a note to the KVM
> wiki page about this, at
> http://www.linux-kvm.org/page/WindowsGuestDrivers/Download_Drivers

I can't confirm this - the drivers work for me both in Qemu and in
qemu-kvm. Note however that the organisation on the ISO is weird - the
virtio-net driver is in \XP\x86, while the rest of the drivers are in
\WXp\x86.

--
< Jernej Simončič ><><><><>< http://eternallybored.org/ >

Anyone who says he isn't going to resign, four times, definitely will.
       -- Galbraith's Law of Political Wisdom