qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] arm (omap2430) support in qemu?

From: Peter Maydell
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] arm (omap2430) support in qemu?
Date: Tue, 8 Nov 2011 22:42:17 +0000

On 8 November 2011 22:28, Ben Taylor <address@hidden> wrote:
> I picked up a omap2430 prototype board, and am looking to start
> working with this.  Since this is a foray back into development for
> me, I'm a little overwhelmed by the amount of information I'm trying
> to digest in starting this project (and the user forum at qemu-forum.ipi.fi
> being down is a bit depressing).

> Anyone know if I'm expecting too much of qemu, or has some suggestions
> on how I can go about setting this up.  I plan on documenting this journey
> since the couple of weeks I've spent researching this hasn't really found
> a definitive guide into do what I want to do.

QEMU supports the omap2 SoC (system-on-chip). However it doesn't
support your prototype board (because the only omap2 system we support
is the Nokia n8x0 PDA). So you'd need to add QEMU support for your
dev board, which means writing models of any interesting devices
it has which aren't in the OMAP2 itself, and also adding a "board
model" which specifies the details of how this stuff is all
connected together.

-- PMM