qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] [ICON] QEMU Mascot Contest v.2

From: Stefan Weil
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] [ICON] QEMU Mascot Contest v.2
Date: Fri, 11 Nov 2011 20:41:37 +0100

Am 11.11.2011 17:18, schrieb 陳韋任:
This is awesome! I'm worried how well it will scale down though. If you
do the "emu" part on the right side, vertically, between the bottom of
its head and top of its foot, you can shrink the Q part a bit to make
the emu's body more proportional and leave more space for the "emu" text
on the right.

Not sure what you mean, but ...
http://people.cs.nctu.edu.tw/~chenwj/slide/QEMU/QEMU_Mascot_v2.svg

Regards,
chenwj

Thanks, I have added your mascots to my icon / mascot collection
(http://qemu.weilnetz.de/icon/), also in different standard sizes.

There is still a lot of unused space around the image, therefore scaling
of the svg file does not look pretty. By fixing the document properties
in Inkscape, you can reduce the image size and remove that unneeded
space.

Here is the script which I used to create the icons from your svg image:
http://qemu.weilnetz.de/icon/create-icons.sh (it needs a Linux environment).

Regards,
Stefan Weil