qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Build failure with trace-backend=ust

From: Stefan Hajnoczi
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Build failure with trace-backend=ust
Date: Mon, 14 Nov 2011 14:57:17 +0000

On Mon, Nov 14, 2011 at 8:03 AM, Harsh Bora <address@hidden> wrote:
> I tried to explore LTTng UST with Qemu and built ust 0.15 (with urcu 0.16 as
> reqd) and observed that Qemu gives compilation errors when built for
> trace-backend = ust. See this:

Hi Harsh,
UST is not a stable library interface.  It has not settled down yet,
there are discussions about the library API on the project's mailing
list.

Therefore I'm not actively worrying about keeping it working.  If you
wish to send patches, please consider using <ust/version.h> to
identify the version of the library you are adding support for with
appropriate #ifdefs.

Hopefully they will settle on a stable API soon and we can commit
permanently working patches to QEMU.

I also encourage you to keep in touch with the upstream community
because they are active and friendly.  Perhaps they can help you get
it working.

Stefan