qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Avoiding memory API conversion races

From: Peter Maydell
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Avoiding memory API conversion races
Date: Fri, 18 Nov 2011 14:38:47 +0000

2011/11/18 Benoît Canet <address@hidden>:
> I'll do the following leaving omap to Peter and the rest to Avi.

My schedule's looking pretty stuffed full so I'm not sure I'll
have much or any time for omap in the next three months. I'll
see if I can squeeze out some time for doing this conversion,
but at some point you should just go ahead and convert the
omap devices and I'll pick up the pieces when I next rebase
my omap patchstack.

Incidentally, another cleanup that would be nice:
there are currently two users of sysbus_init_mmio_cb2():
hw/ppce500_pci.c and hw/sh_pci.c. I think these should be
rewritable to either use one memory region with some
subregions, or to expose multiple sysbus mmios for the
user to map appropriately. That would let us get rid of
the mmio_cb2 stuff completely. (cf commit 7d6e771 where
I did this for versatile_pci.c.)

-- PMM