qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] husb: out of buffers for iso stream

From: Stefan Hajnoczi
Subject: [Qemu-devel] husb: out of buffers for iso stream
Date: Sat, 19 Nov 2011 19:40:43 +0000

I have a Windows 7 VM running a sound driver for a passthrough USB
host device.  The driver submits iso in and out urbs to do audio
capture and playback at the same time.

Audacity running inside the guest freezes and does not record audio
unless I move the mouse.  Somehow it seems USB iso urbs aren't being
pumped unless I keep moving the mouse.  The VM is using VNC.

Checking the QEMU stderr logs I see many occurrences of "husb: out of
buffers for iso stream".  Perhaps this message is enough to pinpoint
the problem?

Otherwise please let me know and I'll collect usbmon tcpdump or other
debugging information.  I am running qemu.git/master
(bc4268998d154b9b3cc86a7b6bd932cc974591c9).

Thanks,
Stefan