qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] cannot build qemu with "--static" configure option

From: Peter Maydell
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] cannot build qemu with "--static" configure option
Date: Wed, 23 Nov 2011 19:16:14 +0000

On 23 November 2011 19:02, Mr Dash Four <address@hidden> wrote:

>> Sonuds like a good plan.
> Nope, same error as before:
> /usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lssl3
> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

Which binary are we trying to link when we fail?

> I get exactly the same result if I just unpack the source and run ./configure
> &
> then make (not going through the rpmbuild source "preparation"), so something
> is
> definitely amiss!

OK. We don't explicitly try to link with ssl3 ourselves, so this only
ever ends up in LDFLAGS because of some other library that has claimed
it needs it as a dependency via pkg-config. Try adding
 --disable-sdl --disable-vnc --disable-bluez --disable-check-utests
--disable-smartcard --disable-usb-redir

to your configure argument. That turns off a lot of stuff that's irrelevant
for linux-user and which might be pulling in this library. If that works
then you can identify which particular switch is needed by process of
elimination.

-- PMM