qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] cannot build qemu with "--static" configure option

From: Mr Dash Four
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] cannot build qemu with "--static" configure option
Date: Wed, 23 Nov 2011 20:13:42 +0000

>> That is what I just wrote in my previous post, didn't I? The "die die die"
>> comments were related to the glib package, not the glib2! Just open
>> glib.spec and see it for yourself.
>
> However it looks from Max's list of libraries like the glib2-static package
> contains all the static libraries qemu wants here [both libglib-2.0 and
> libgthread-2.0]so so you don't need to build anything yourself, just install
> that, right?
That's what I am doing now, *but* the strange thing is, I now get build failure
because of two *new* unpackaged files:

%{_datadir}/systemtap/tapset/glib.stp
%{_datadir}/systemtap/tapset/gobject.stp

I presume these are destined to be in the -devel package so I'll include them
there myself. Max is right though - indeed the -static package covers both
libglib-2.0 and libgthread-2.0, so I am just compiling the source rm at present
and will update the devel and static packages when it is done. Will let you
know how it goes.