qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] problem in setting up vmchannel with libvirt

From: will
Subject: [Qemu-devel] problem in setting up vmchannel with libvirt
Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2011 09:55:32 +0000 (UTC)

Hi,
I am trying to set up vmchannel between the host and guest os.

However, "sudo virsh start vm1" always gave me this error:
error: Failed to start domain vm1
error: internal error Process exited while reading console log output: char
device redirected to /dev/pts/5
bind(unix:/tmp/foo): Permission denied
chardev: opening backend "socket" failed

Related xml is:
<channel type='unix'>
  <source mode='bind' path='/tmp/foo'/>
  <target type='virtio' name='channel.port.0'/>
  <address type='virtio-serial' controller='0' bus='0' port='1'/>
</channel>

I can succeed while I manually run the guest os by:
sudo kvm -device virtio-serial \
-chardev socket,path=/tmp/foo,server,nowait,id=foo \
-device virtserialport,chardev=foo,name=org.fedoraproject.port.0\
/path/to/vm1.img

I also noticed that libvirt is able to create socke
/var/lib/libvirt/qemu/vm1.monitor every time. I can't win even I change the unix
socket path to "/var/lib/libvirt/qemu/foo"

Any information will be appreciated!