qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] [BUG] [Seabios] PCI 64bit BARs on Win2008 - unable to s

From: Alexey Korolev
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] [BUG] [Seabios] PCI 64bit BARs on Win2008 - unable to start the device. (ACPI lacks the _DSM method)
Date: Thu, 1 Dec 2011 18:49:54 +1300

Isaku san,

I've just added you to discussion.
There are some issues with PCI 64bit support in Windows. Windows fails to assign the resource if it doesn't fit in first 4GB window.

I really don't know why it happens.
One of the possibilities is related to lack of _DSM method in ACPI.

Another guesse could be related to the fact that 440FX only supports 32bit PCI bus interface and windows may limit PCI address range to first 4GB for PCI devices under this bridge. I remember you were working on Q35 chipset simulation, I wonder if it is working and would it be possible to try?

Thanks,
Alexey