qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] [RFC v2 6/6] Add C version of rtc-test

From: Anthony Liguori
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] [RFC v2 6/6] Add C version of rtc-test
Date: Fri, 02 Dec 2011 12:43:18 -0600

On 12/02/2011 11:45 AM, Kevin Wolf wrote:
Am 02.12.2011 18:26, schrieb Anthony Liguori:
On 12/02/2011 11:25 AM, Kevin Wolf wrote:
So that's how you read/write memory.  Likewise, for IRQs, you can poll the
status of a given IRQ.  I thought about doing some sort of signal magic around
but when writing tests, polling the IRQ seems easier to deal with.

Okay, polling interrupts should be good enough for tests.

I guess the test still needs to do everything that a guest OS would have
to do, for example send an EOI to the PIC? We'll probably want to have a
library for such things then, but we can add it with the first test that
uses interrupts.

No, right now we more or less create a fake I/O APIC. We don't have to deal with masking in the local APIC, boot strapping, or anything like that.

It makes writing tests easier but I think it makes supporting MSI a bit more challenging. I'm not sure how well it will generalize to other platforms either.

That's one of the reasons I wanted to get an early version out to get some feedback on this.

Regards,

Anthony Liguori

Should the framework and the tests live in the tests/ directory?

Probably, except that tests/ has it's own Makefile which is sort of awkward.
Any objections to moving tests/* to tests/tcg-test and then moving all of the
various gtest/check tests to tests/ along with qtest?

No objection, I think this is exactly what we should do.

Kevin