qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] [BUG] [Seabios] PCI 64bit BARs on Win2008 - unable to s

From: Alexey Korolev
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] [BUG] [Seabios] PCI 64bit BARs on Win2008 - unable to start the device. (ACPI lacks the _DSM method)
Date: Mon, 5 Dec 2011 17:20:32 +1300

Hi Michael,

Thank you for good advice, you are right. When I added new range above 4GB in _CRS the problem has gone. QWordMemory (ResourceProducer, PosDecode, MinFixed, MaxFixed, NonCacheable, ReadWrite,
                   0x00000000,          // Address Space Granularity
                   0x100000000,        // Address Range Minimum
                   0x3FFFFFFFF,        // Address Range Maximum
                   0x00000000,          // Address Translation Offset
                   0x400000000,        // Address Length
                   ,, , AddressRangeMemory, TypeStatic)

The only big problem with this range - as soon as I have more than 3GB of RAM, windows will boot in BSOD. The problem relates to memory range intersection. Unfortunately it is not possible to predict how many GB of RAM the virtual machine could have - so it's difficult to specify a particular region.
Do you have any ideas what can be done to solve this problem?

Regards,
Alexey