qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] winXP "Standard PC" HAL and qemu-kvm >= 0.15

From: Michael Tokarev
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] winXP "Standard PC" HAL and qemu-kvm >= 0.15
Date: Wed, 07 Dec 2011 11:11:20 +0400

On 07.12.2011 01:12, Jan Kiszka wrote:
> On 2011-12-06 21:58, Jan Kiszka wrote:
[]
>> How embarrassing. Messed something up, maybe during rebase, and forgot
>> to retest non-irqchip mode. Will fix and repost.
>
> Was even worse, a simple -ENOTTESTED case. Pushed an update at the same
> location.

Ok, with the updated series everything works correctly.
Guests boots, qemu does not segfault at startup anymore,
WinXP with StdPC HAL works, even coroutines on mixed
32/64 environment breaks exactly the same way as with
qemu-kvm/master ;)

Tested both -enable-kvm and -machine pc,accel=kvm,kernel_irqchip=on -
both behaves equally (I wasnt' able to spot a difference).

What is the "target" syntax -- I assume it is the more verbose
one, with -machine, so that -enable-kvm will be dropped at some
point, right?

Thanks!

/mjt