qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Error while booting

From: sparsh mittal
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Error while booting
Date: Thu, 8 Dec 2011 08:02:41 -0600

On Thu, Dec 8, 2011 at 6:20 AM, Kevin Wolf <address@hidden> wrote:
Am 07.12.2011 17:26, schrieb sparsh mittal:
> I use version 0.15 of qemu with marss cycle-accurate simulator.
>
> After making checkpoints in an image, I get this error, while trying to
> boot it (i.e. not using loadvm to run checkpoint, but just starting the
> image).
>
> This kernel requires an x86-64 CPU, but only detected an i686 CPU.
> Unable to boot - please use a kernel appropriate for your CPU

Try using 'qemu-system-x86_64' instead of 'qemu'.

Kevin
Thanks. But actually I issued this command itself:
qemu/qemu-system-x86_64 -m 4G -snapshot  -icount 0 -drive cache=unsafe,file=/home/sparsh/specimage_sftn3.qcow2

I also wanted to tell that, on the same image, I get another error (while loading one checkpoint): I have sent mail about this to qemu-forum and a user is helping me, so I just wanted to mention thinking that they may be related.
Unknown savevm section type 32
qemu-system-x86_64: Error -22 while loading VM state