qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Qemu stable releases

From: Richard W.M. Jones
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Qemu stable releases
Date: Fri, 9 Dec 2011 12:01:20 +0000

On Fri, Dec 09, 2011 at 10:39:37AM +0000, Richard W.M. Jones wrote:
> FWIW in libguestfs we have such a policy.  Every few weeks I evaluate
> _all_ commits along the development branch and cherry pick those that
> meet this policy back to the stable branch, followed by making a new
> stable release.  Here is the policy:
>
> http://libguestfs.org/guestfs.3.html#libguestfs_version_numbers
>   from "Our criteria for backporting changes are ..."

For completeness, here is an example stable branch containing
cherry-picked commits:

http://fedorapeople.org/git/?p=rjones/public_git/libguestfs.git;a=log;h=refs/remotes/origin/stable-1.14

Compare to the master branch to see which commits did and didn't make
it in.

Rich.

http://et.redhat.com/~rjones/virt-df/