qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Transitioning from HMP to QMP for QEMU

From: Anthony Liguori
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Transitioning from HMP to QMP for QEMU
Date: Thu, 15 Dec 2011 08:57:14 -0600

On 12/15/2011 08:52 AM, Luiz Capitulino wrote:
On Thu, 15 Dec 2011 08:06:41 -0600
Anthony Liguori<address@hidden>  wrote:

There are still a lot of HMP commands that don't have an QMP analog.  Luiz, it
might make sense to setup a wiki page which instructions on how to convert an
HMP command to a QMP command using QAPI.

I wrote on how to write new QMP commands using the QAPI
(docs/writing-qmp-commands.txt), going from there to a conversion shouldn't
be difficult, but I can write a wiki page.

Btw, counting with a series I haven't posted yet, we have less than 10 QMP
commands left to be converted to the QAPI. I expect to start working on HMP
conversions in January.

That is awesome!

Regards,

Anthony Liguori

If we did that, we could probably get more folks involved in the conversion
process.

That would be wonderful.

Regards,

Anthony Liguori

Does everyone agree on this?  I think this is an important discussion
if we want our management interface to get better and more consistent
in the future.

Stefan