qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Problem editing wiki page in wiki.qemu.org

From: Michael Tokarev
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Problem editing wiki page in wiki.qemu.org
Date: Sun, 18 Dec 2011 15:45:56 +0400

On 18.12.2011 15:20, Stefan Weil wrote:
[]
> It looks like the autoblock was created yesterday and
> terminates automaticallytoday (see
> http://wiki.qemu.org/index.php?title=Special:BlockList&action=search&ip=%23132).
>
> That won't help much as long as the wiki thinks that everyone
> has the localhost address because the next autoblock will
> block all users again.
>
> Are block lists really useful to protect the QEMU wiki?
> Neither user names nor IP addresses are unique.
> Spammerscan create any number of new names.

It is not the blocklist which is useful. By blocking _users_
I just mention that this is a spammer/bot, so we have a chance
to clean up the dead users.  And since autoblock by IP is
enabled by default it triggers too.  I will uncheck the checkbox
the next time I'll block a user account.  It'd be nice to uncheck
it by default, too.

Thanks,

/mjt