qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] [RFC 0/4] virtio-mmio transport

From: Rusty Russell
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] [RFC 0/4] virtio-mmio transport
Date: Fri, 16 Dec 2011 16:06:53 +1030

On Mon, 12 Dec 2011 14:45:26 +0000, Paul Brook <address@hidden> wrote:
> > I can do that, but not this year (on holiday from Friday 16th, without
> > any access to Internet whatsoever :-) One think to be decided is in what
> > order the halfs should be filled? Low first, then high? High then low?
> > Does it matter at all? :-)
>
> My inital though was that you shouldn't be changing this value when the ring
> is enabled.  Unfortunately you disable the ring by setting the address to
> zero
> so that argument doesn't work :-/

It only does that after a reset, and since reset should set the values
to 0 (I don't think the spec says that, but it will for the new config)
we needn't do it at all.

It's just a convenient value for the driver to read and know the ring
has been cleaned up.

I think initialize by QueueNum makes sense.

Thanks,
Rusty.