qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] 回复: debuging about qemu-dm in xen 3.4.2

From: Stefan Hajnoczi
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] 回复: debuging about qemu-dm in xen 3.4.2
Date: Tue, 20 Dec 2011 10:29:56 +0000

2011/12/20 ¤終於aware <address@hidden>:
>     I want to create a memory snapshot file (such as mm.snap) of current
> virtual machine and  the mm.snap can be used as a arg of qemu cmd-line for
> restoring the last memory condition.
>     But I am not very clear about the structure of the qemu-dm source code.
> Although observing the output of execution is the straightforward way, high
> frequency of printf  and re-compling is too incovenient to put into effect.

Please keep address@hidden CCed so others can contribute to the
discussion.

QEMU only deals with virtual memory when simulating an MMU (for
ARM-on-x86 system translation).  The device model usually operates on
physical RAM or bus addresses.

Stefano or Anthony can explain the qemu-dm specifics.  It's still not
clear to me what you're trying to observe - qemu-dm is not where I'd
try to observe domain memory under Xen but it's the right place to
observe emulated devices.

Stefan