qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] [ANNOUNCE] qemu-test: a set of tests scripts for QEMU

From: Anthony Liguori
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] [ANNOUNCE] qemu-test: a set of tests scripts for QEMU
Date: Tue, 27 Dec 2011 10:40:14 -0600

On 12/27/2011 09:58 AM, Avi Kivity wrote:
On 12/27/2011 05:22 PM, Anthony Liguori wrote:

The infrastructure assumes that you have a full OS available in the
guest.  The tests are written in Python and make a variety of
assumptions.  To my knowledge, it's not very practical to build a
busybox environment with Python embedded in it.

You could move whatever infrastructure qemu-test uses to kvm-autotest,
at which point kvm-autotest will know everything qemu-test knows.  But
there's zero reason to do that, autotest is designed to drive external
tests and in fact most of the tests it supports are not in the autotest
repository.

Yes. I think having a qemu-test driver for kvm-autotest that knows enough to invoke the qemu-tests and integrate the results in autotest results reporting is the right thing to do.

Regards,

Anthony Liguori