qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] DMA active hw_error

From: Richard Cole
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] DMA active hw_error
Date: Tue, 27 Dec 2011 22:44:51 -0800

I'll have to learn quite a bit more about QEMU and arm before I'll be
able to contribute back any patches. I bought a beagle board today so
that at least is a start, being able to compare QEMU to some real
hardware.

Out of curiosity what is the testing strategy for QEMU. Does one
simply write stand alone test programs that are then executed via qemu
or is there a more unit test kind of approach? I'm quite new to
emulators and such.

Is there an issues list for QEMU. Does anyone use github features like
being able to comment on particular sources lines or create issues
refer to specific lines of code? That would seem a good way to track
bugs discovered in the code.

A more broad question. Does anyone know why linux doesn't use the DMA?
Is the DMA really old school (I grew up with an Amiga that was full of
them), or is it just for portability, i.e that DMA differ from
platform to platform too much?

regards,

Richard.