qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] interrupt handling in qemu

From: Xin Tong
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] interrupt handling in qemu
Date: Wed, 28 Dec 2011 10:00:57 -0700

My main concern here is not how timely the interrupts can be handled,
i am more interested in reducing the number of TB enters/exits due to
interrupt. Returning to qemu mainloop requires saving and restoring
register contexts which are expensive, what i am thinking is that can
we check and handle interrupts every few TBs executed. But the
drawback is that I do not know how many TBs would be a good number
such that the interrupts do not get delayed too much.

Thanks