qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] [RFC] QEMU Code Audit Team

From: Peter Maydell
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] [RFC] QEMU Code Audit Team
Date: Sat, 7 Jan 2012 03:09:27 +0000

On 6 January 2012 20:42, Anthony Liguori <address@hidden> wrote:
> On 01/06/2012 02:02 PM, Andreas Färber wrote:
>> i) Unless it's a build fix, I propose defining a minimum review time
>> before a patch is applied to a (sub)maintainer's queue.

> I disagree here.  If anything, I think we wait a bit too long for people to
> review things and that prevents progress.

Actually I think it would be useful to agree on a "standard" time
for this kind of thing. A lot of the ARM related patches I do don't
get review, and it would be nice to know how long it's sensible to wait
until I can submit them in a pull request. (I don't want to cut
short time for people to review, but I don't want them languishing
on the list for weeks either...)

>> Or should a PULL generally be re-reviewed within a
>> fixed timeframe, questionmark?

We shouldn't be rereviewing pull requests -- they should be basically
equivalent to actual tree commit.

>> It would be nice to have a more explicit process of who pulls from whom
>> and how this is handled during maintainers' absences - especially when
>> approaching a release.

Agreed. In particular it would be nice to have a definite nominated
person who I ought to send target-arm pullreqs to, since all I know
for sure is that it's not Anthony :-)

-- PMM