qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] [RFC] QEMU Code Audit Team

From: Anthony Liguori
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] [RFC] QEMU Code Audit Team
Date: Tue, 10 Jan 2012 07:22:13 -0600

On 01/10/2012 06:58 AM, Kevin Wolf wrote:
Probably we need to attack the reviewing problem first: That I review
all block patches myself worked well as long as we were two or three
people in that area, but today it doesn't scale any more without
lowering the review standards - and I don't want to do that. Maybe we
should introduce something like "One Reviewed-by buys you two
Signed-off-bys for your own patches" ;-)

I think one thing that helps is to make sure for maintainers to include Reviewed-bys in commits. The script I use (below) takes a mbox with the full thread and folks Reviewed-by/Tested-bys into the original patch spitting out an mbox with just the patches and tags.

That way people are getting credit in git for doing reviews. It's a small incentive but every little bit helps.

http://git.codemonkey.ws/cgit/mbox-filter.git/

Regards,

Anthony Liguori

I can imagine that other subsystem maintainers have similar problems.

Kevin